SMART Photonics B.V. established in March 2012, is the world’s first pure-play foundry for Indium Phosphide (InP) photonics semiconductors. We offer commercial Multi-Project Wafer (MPW) services as well as customized pilot volume manufacturing on InP at very competitive rates. Headquartered in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, we are the trusted cooperation partner of some of the world’s leading edge technology companies due to our unique combination expertise in InP research, development and manufacturing. For that we brought together just the right skill set in the right place at the right time. Devices operated on Indium Phosphide are proving to be the best choice in many applications ranging from next generation low-power consumption data-centres to “intelligent pills” for medical diagnostics and high-accuracy drug dispensation. Integrated photonics also plays an increasingly important role in the aircraft industry, air quality monitoring and ultra-secure cryptography. As SMART Photonics is an independent pure-play foundry, we are serving our customers by bringing their designs into real life circuitry with our expertise!
We are looking for a:
Location: High Tech Campus, Eindhoven The Netherlands
Fulltime: 40 hours a week
Direct Report: COO
Job responsibilities and qualifications
We are looking for an ambitious driven individual that is eager to shape and structure the scaling-up of our high-tech Company as part of the management team with his/her experience, knowledge and personality.
Your main tasks
- You will lead a team of 12 Engineers with in-depth expertise in Process-, Mask- and Test & Measurement Engineering in the area of Semiconductor Manufacturing.
- You will facilitate the growth of the department to the next phase in professionalization and standardization.
- You will be coordinating the engineering tasks identified by the organization and plan and assign the engineering capacities, timelines and priorities on a day to day basis as well as in the long-term development in line with corporate strategy.
- You will create and stimulate a challenging and exciting equal opportunity working environment facilitating cross-functional team cooperation in a strong matrix structure.
- You are leading by example and are taking appropriate measures on disruptions and actual issues.
- You will guide and coach the engineers in their projects and monitor the projects as an integral part of the management team. You are responsible for the talent management, coaching, way of working and output of the Engineering team.
- You will develop, implement and manage systems and processes supporting the in time, in budget and in quality delivery of results and customer deliveries like semiconductor components.
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a relevant Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field.
- Has passion for leading and coaching people, experience in project management run in matrix structures and has gained experience in respective leadership positions.
- Has a clear mind on what is needed and what is possible with the resources at hand.
- Is keen on improving processes in order to create a working environment where the specialists under his/her lead can excel in and obtained quality of their results.
- Has the ability to plan strategically as well as execute on tactical day-to-day activities.
- Has strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making.
- Has a good knowledge of semiconductor fabrication technologies and products or related technology.
- Has a proven track of strong communication skills – oral, written and presentation.
- Likes to convert the given degrees of freedom into momentum to achieve results.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation as these are key to our success.
What we offer you
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
- To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate, high educated people working in an open culture in multidisciplinary teams.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
- Located on the bustling High Tech Campus, in the Brainport Region.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. We are looking forward to your response!
Apply for this job