SMART Photonics B.V. established in March 2012, is the world’s first pure-play foundry for Indium Phosphide photonics semiconductors. We offer commercial Multi-Project Wafer (MPW) services on InP at very competitive rates. Headquartered in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, we are trusted by the world’s leading companies, large and small. That’s because of our proven track record in InP research, development and production. We’ve brought together just the right expertise in the right place at the right time. Indium phosphide chips are proving to be the best choice in many applications ranging from next generation low-power consumption data-centres to “intelligent pills” for medical diagnostics and high-accuracy drug dispensation. Integrated photonics also plays an increasingly important role in the aircraft industry, air quality monitoring and ultra-secure cryptography. SMART Photonics is an independent pure-play foundry. That means we only make products using designs from our customers. The fact that we don’t make our own products means there is no conflict of interest in the market.
SMART Photonics is a rapidly growing, ambitious high-tech company. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now! We are looking for a:
Technical Project Leader
Location: High Tech Campus, Eindhoven The Netherlands
Fulltime: 40 hours a week
Direct Report: COO
You are leading the technical realisation of our products in the fabrication sites of SMART Photonics.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
In the current life-cycle of our company (scale-up, 60 employees) your role will be broad. You will:
- Develop, defines and executes multiple technical projects of SMART Photonics. You will coordinate and lead cross-functional teams, focused on delivering the photonic wafers.
- Support the account manager as you are the technical interface to the operations organization for your project.
- Be the first contact to the customer concerning the project
- Own the work in progress (WIP) of your project and are the budget responsible for your project ensuring the completion of the project in time , in Cost , in Quality.
- Actively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report of the project status, issues and results via presentations, written reports and conversations.
- Mentoring team members, nurturing the team and facilitating effective workflows.
- Establish project documentation and develop methods for standardization.
- Be a 1st point of contact for issuing containment and root case analysis activities in case required.
- In a dynamic environment as SMART Photonics is, it is necessary to continually proactively review the project plan with internal stakeholders. Our project leader always keeps the project goal in mind so that we can achieve business results. Key words are: take leadership, systematic work, stakeholder analysis, risk management and progress measurement.
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a relevant BSc or MSc degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field.
- Has at least 5 to 10 years of experience in project management.
- Technical expertise with the in-scope technology solutions.
- Knowledge of semi-conductor fabrication technologies and product is a must.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making.
- Strong data analysis skills and problem solving skills (green/black belt).
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan strategically as well as execute on tactical day-to-day activities.
- Ability to effectively manage an urgent/crisis situation and drive a team to find quick solutions to critical problems.
- Affinity with photonics and/or electronics would be an advantage.
- Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success!
What we offer you?
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s. Building on a great future for the industry.
- To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open culture in multidisciplinary teams.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
- Located on the bustling High Tech Campus, in the Brainport Region
- Not a single boring working day!
Apply for this job
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. We are looking forward to your response! If you have specific job related questions, please contact the COO, Wilhelm Claussen, (040) 304 6433.