Are you looking for your next career step in the world of high tech manufacturing? Do you want to make a significant impact in both technical aspect as well as coaching a team? Look no further, we are offering a challenging and position in a growing company. We are hiring a
Lead Process Engineer ( Etching)
At SMART Photonics we have both vertical integration engineering and horizontal process engineering. While vertical engineering integrates the given requirements, horizontal engineering is taking ownership regarding our internal production processes. As a process engineer it’s your responsibility to make sure that every step is carefully designed and stably implemented within operations.
You acquire processing techniques and methods to apply in the manufacturing process, fabrication, and evaluation of our wafers. This requires hands-on approach to sustain and improve Litho and etch Processes including various UV exposing processes, applying, developing, and removing resists, etching of metals, semi-insulating or dielectric layers and related tools. You will drive for improvement in process, yield and costs by working with cross functional team members from equipment, operations, integration, and R&D.
- You are responsible for maintaining, improving, and co-developing the processes to produce photonic components.
- Define and execute projects related to capacity expansion and process stability and performance.
- Support process development and roadmap activities needed for future InP technology.
- Participate in various cross functional teams to improve yields, solve process problems, simplify procedures, processes and selection, qualification and release of new tools and processes with improved capacity and capability.
- You will oversee and work collaboratively with production and quality personnel assuring orders are completed on time and within specification.
- Review product requirements with the manufacturing staff to ensure compatibility of processing methods.
- Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variation for process or material specifications.
- You guide your team members in optimising their way of working and enforcing the company roadmap.
- Basic managerial tasks to support the manager engineering ,coaching the team, progress interviews, presentations.
- ~80% is focussing on technical content and 20% will be more focussing on lead tasks.
We are looking for a person who has/is
- Advance degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, material science, or electrical engineering.
- At least 6 years of experience in the Etching process in a semiconductor environment.
- A good understanding of various processes used in the fabrication of semiconductor integrated circuits.
- Affinity with photonics and/or electronics
- In depth knowledge and proven experience off process improvement and statistical tools like FMEA, SPC, DoE.
- Experience supporting a fab operations team, training of fab procedures, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- A natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation and has the communication skills to do so.
- Is always up to date of the latest trends in the field of the semiconductor process industry.
Apply for this job
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics,
- To start something great, to add real value and to have a significant impact.
- Room for own initiatives and professional development, in time, and depending on your performance, this position might offer you a managerial position.
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open, informal culture in multidisciplinary teams.