Business Development Manager
SMART Photonics is a rapidly growing, ambitious high-tech company. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now! We are looking for a:
Business Development Manager
Location: High Tech Campus, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Fulltime: 36/40 hours a week
Direct Report: Director Commercial Development
SMART Photonics is seeking a Business Development Manager to manage our key accounts and conduct sales and business development activities for our key markets in Europe and across the world. You will cooperate with our project leaders and technical teams to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of customer projects. You like to hunt for new customers but are also good at growing strong and profitable relationships with strategic accounts. You will play a key role in driving the company’s growth and to help build a great commercial team together with the Director Commercial Development and the Sales Engineer.
As the Business Development Manager, you will:
• Identify, develop and typically close new sales opportunities. Create demand for the organization’s products and services by raising its profile with customers.
• Build and maintain customer relations and ensure customer satisfaction with strategic accounts that typically consist of local scale-ups, international partners or major global accounts.
• Conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the customer’s senior management to listen and understand their needs and link them to the organization’s product strategies.
• Represent the organization in global exhibitions in Europe, the US (California) and Asia.
• Build and leverage our network, and a strategy to attract and grow our customers.
• Be responsible for the customer sales forecast and achieve revenue and sales targets.
• Plan, facilitate and conduct complex negotiations, typically over a long sales cycle (six months or more), to reach long-term agreements and
• Work intensely together with our photonic specialists to understand the customers, sometimes complex technical, needs and develop customized solutions.
• Effectively manage expectations of the customers and build a strong relationship with stakeholders in our R&D, engineering and operations
• Ensure regular update meetings between the senior management of both your customer and SMART Photonics.
• Effectively incorporate client delivery schedules and operational changes into future revenue forecasts and revenue timeline considerations. Track transactions and prepares reports regarding information such as order status, leads and sales results.
• Be responsible for the sales quotes and sales reporting related to your customers, working with Finance and Sales Support.
• Be responsible for the yearly Sales and Business Development Plan related to your customers.
We are looking for a person who
• Successfully completed an MSc degree
• Can support our growth as a successful Business Developer in a global high-tech environment. At least 5 years of B2B experience in Electronics, Semiconductors, Photonics, Optics or a closely related field is required.
• Is well organized, has natural social/communication skills and thrives on accountability.
• Easily engages with customers from different cultures and has excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Has a positive and proactive attitude and has a natural drive to take responsibility and get the job done.
• Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success.
• Can organize occasional travel and likes to attend international events.
• Is enthusiastic to help us build a great company!
What we offer you
• To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like microelectronics was in de ‘70s. Building on a great future for the industry.
• The opportunity to help us develop SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
• A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
• A talented group of passionate people, working in an open culture, in multidisciplinary teams.
• A competitive set of employment terms.
• Located on the bustling High Tech Campus, in the Brainport Region
• Not a single boring working day.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: email@example.com attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. We are looking forward to your response! If you have specific job-related questions, please contact the Director Commercial Development, Geert Appeldoorn, 040-3046433.
See also our website www.smartphotonics.nl for more information about the company
SMART Photonics B.V. established in 2012, is an innovative scale-up in photonics at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. We are trusted by the world’s leading tech companies, large and small. We are the world’s first pure-play foundry for Indium Phosphide photonics semiconductors, collaborating with our customers to turn their designs into the chips we manufacture at our facilities. Indium phosphide chips are proving to be the best choice in many innovative applications ranging from next generation low-power consumption datacentres to “intelligent pills” for medical diagnostics and high-accuracy drug dispense. Integrated photonics also plays an increasingly important role in the aircraft industry, air quality monitoring and ultra-secure cryptography.Apply for this job
How can you engage with our organisation and bring your bright idea to life? Check the opportunities of our Multi-Project Wafer!MPW
SMART Photonics is rapidly growing. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now!Careers
Do you have a question or would you like to make an appointment? Send me a message!