SMART Photonics, located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, is a foundry offering production services for mainly Indium Phosphide based photonic components. We are an independent pure-play foundry, using our knowledge, experience, and equipment to produce photonic components for our customers, based on their designs. Indium phosphide chips are proving to be the best choice in many applications, ranging from next generation low-power consumption datacenters to a variety of sensing applications for structural monitoring and medical diagnostics. Integrated photonics also plays an increasingly important role in the aircraft industry, air quality monitoring, autonomous driving and in ultra-secure cryptography.
At SMART Photonics we work with highly skilled, experienced, and innovative professionals, eager to work on new and exciting integration technologies.
As our Director Product Management, you are a key member of the Leadership Team (LT). You will manage and oversee all aspects of Product Management within SMART Photonics. In alignment with our Customers as well as the R&D- and Commercial Director it is your responsibility to build bridges, own the Product Roadmap and drive Product Revenues in a competitive landscape.
- Accountable to ensure the next generation of Photonics Integrated Circuits and photonic chips are available for our customers in time and on performance.
- Working very closely with our R&D team, Engineering and Account Management, as well as closely interacting with customers and our partners to ensure first class solutions are deﬁned and developed.
- Responsible for new product revenues in close cooperation with the sales team.
- Provide strategic and long-term vision, and recommendations on how to draft, direct and maintain our Product roadmap, in close alignment with our R&D roadmap.
- Deeply understand customer’s needs and translate this into technical requirements.
- Drive competitive analysis and benchmarking to ensure the right positioning of product solutions.
- Lead product development through product creation cycles to deliver product on timeline while executing to financial objectives.
- Manage the product team to execute development initiatives
- Train and enable internal colleagues as well as our customers with critical knowledge, drive best practices to reduce time-to-revenue and scale-up business
- Provide product and technology feedback to customers into their roadmap planning process
- Provide product and technology feedback from customers into our own roadmap
- Lead critical evaluation of prototypes against the intended design and specifications
You are / have:
- A relevant technical education and background on master level or above.
- + 10 years of proven track record of cross-department and technical senior leadership in a photonics, optical communications or semiconductor environment.
- Proven experience in engaging a team of stakeholders into a common mission and achieving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills towards technical contributors, business stakeholders, customers, and executive management
- Agile and adaptable to changing business requirements
- Manages him/herself and others to maintain schedules and standards and takes the initiative in the functional role to drive the brand forward.
Apply for this job
- A key position in our company with room to create your own department
- A new adventure in potential new market leader
- Fair salary conditions and benefits matching a scale-up organization
- An engaged, hardworking, and positive team of colleagues.
- A chance to be part of making history in a strongly growing industry.