“We’re characterized by an open & informal atmosphere in which you nicely collaborate with your colleagues. Management is easily accessible, and we have a flat organization including short communication lines.”
“Joining SMART Photonics, means joining a dynamic & exciting environment facing daily challenges. This positively includes a broad role and having a lot of freedom in your job. Bureaucracy is limited and you really add value and see the results of your efforts.”
These are just a couple of quotes from our appreciated colleagues.
In our ambition to become the leading integrated photonics foundry, we work hard to expand our production capacity. We invest in equipment, machines, people and teams, to ultimately increase productivity and improve quality. This enables our customers to thrive in the newest technology in Photonics. We are making progress and move ahead.
While going forward we are recruiting an Equipment engineer to support the team in our ramp-up and towards professional growth.
Description of tasks:
- Respond to and prioritize equipment related issues in a proactive manner.
- Execute equipment replacement, upgrades and overall equipment lifecycle management
- Evaluate, select and order equipment and tools that are most appropriate and cost effective to produce Photonic Integrated Chips.
- Oversee the modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Keep informed about equipment manufacturers’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues
- Study equipment performance and reliability, sourcing components and alternate repair options
- Establish programs and solutions for increasing uptime and decreasing equipment problems
- Define and write preventive maintenance schedules and address technical quality issues
- Cooperate and align with equipment team, our manager engineering and involved other departments.
We are looking for a person who has / is:
- Successfully completed a relevant MBO or BSc degree in a technical field.
- A solid background in Equipment Engineering in a high-tech production industry.
- Experience with semiconductor related equipment and manufacturing (cleanroom) environments is a preference
- Experience with new tool installation projects (selection, acceptance, and release).
- You are hands-on and enjoy a good technical challenge
- Embraces our company values such as Teamwork Spirit, Ownership and Eye for Quality.
- Eager to work in a new industry in the field of Photonics, understanding and appreciating the challenges in a scale-up factory.
What we offer you:
Apply for this job
- The chance to start something new and exciting, to make real impact!
- A growing factory, its equipment and tools to a high-volume production environment.
- An international team of talented professionals in which you feel welcome and appreciated.
- A professional development plan that helps you to reach your future career goals.
- Tailor made salary package with attractive benefits.
- Be part of a company that plays an important role in creating the next generation chips.