Our process engineering team is divided in 6 clusters, Epitaxy, Litho/wet etch, Plasma, metal/backend, metrology and Test & Measurement. Each cluster has a Lead Process Engineer (or Cluster lead) , due to growth, development and expansion we are recruiting a new Lead.
The leading aspect will grow in the future and therefore we need the unique combination of leadership ambition, while in the you also would like to contribute with technical and operational knowledge and support.
In this role you report to the VP engineering and are leading a cluster of 3 to 5 process engineers (direct leading) an equipment engineer and a few process technicians (indirect leading) aim is to keep growing and adding more professionals to a cluster.
The Cluster Epitaxy OR the Cluster Litho / Wet Etch need a lead. (depending on your specialism)
Your team is responsible for a specific competence in our production process. As cluster lead your main task is to help the team with the challenges they face. Setting clear guidelines in priorities, long term strategy, coach and manage your team to a more mature team and offer the technical knowhow to tackle issues.
- You are responsible for the Cluster Litho wet Etch OR Epitaxy.
- Define a strategical roadmap and short- and long-term goals, aligned with company goals needed for future InP technology.
- Align with the other Cluster leads and report to the VP Engineering.
- Participate in various cross functional teams (Operations, R&D) to improve collaboration, understand different point of views. Solve process problems and simplify procedures.
- Responsible for the team capacity, secure steady delivery, align team schedule within the management team.
- Invest in an engaged and positive team mindset, act as hiring manager to grow the team when needed.
- Manage all team members in optimising their way of working and show leadership by providing them a good example.
- As Cluster Lead you are expected to support the VP process engineering, represent your cluster during management meeting / presentations and replace the VP partly during absence.
We are looking for a person who has/is
- In-depth knowledge of III – V semiconductor processes in a factory. (Epitaxi / Litho process engineering experience on senior level)
- At least 5 years of industry experience in a semiconductor environment.
- At least 2 years of managerial / leadership experience within a diverse team of engineers, existing of different levels of seniority. This means: leading a team of senior engineers, manage their performance as team as well as individual, prioritize and balance their workload, represent team towards senior management and challenge them to grow to the next level.
- Understands and acts upon the diversity of cultural background in the team. Our managers and leads are leading by example, they listen, they are approachable and encourage ownership and trust.
- A good understanding of various processes used in the fabrication of semiconductor integrated circuits.
- Affinity with photonics and/or electronics
- Able to deal with scale-up circumstances, like stress and changing conditions, protect the team members in this matter and speak up towards management when situation isn’t OK.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation and has the communication skills to do so.
Apply for this job
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics,
- To start something great, to add real value and to have a significant impact.
- In our growing company new opportunities arise on a natural base, we invest in your personal as well as professional development, aimed to keep you engaged and develop you towards the next level(s)
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open, informal culture in multidisciplinary teams. (135 FTE and over 30 different nationalities)
- If needed: We support VISA Process, include spouse and children till 18 years in the VISA request and guide your relocation process.