At SMART Photonics we are reshaping the world of Photonics. We are an Indium Phosphide foundry specialized in Photonic Integrated Circuits. Our technology allows to uniquely combine semiconductor lasers and amplifiers, detectors and high-speed modulator, to create state-of-the-art solution for optical communications and diverse sensing applications, ranging from automotive Lidar to medical applications, helping to solve major societal challenges.
As Manager of the Test & Reliability department, you will be leading a team (9 fte) responsible for integrated Photonics components characterisation, testing and reliability measurements, as well as supporting Smart’s new products’ roadmap toward maturity.
This role will allow you to make a major impact and be part of the growth of Smart Photonics as one of the global leading InP foundry.
Clean room SMART Photonics
- Manage, coach, and guide a team of engineers and technicians, set clear expectations and a solid vision and strategy for the next steps towards growth.
- Establish the required HW and SW infrastructure to support photonics ICs characterization and testing. Lead the definition, purchase, installation and qualification of new equipment and setups.
- Define and lead the industrialization roadmap of the Test and Reliability department, optimizing cycle times, process controls and costs.
- Ensure teams knowledge and competence to support company’s roadmap for its current product lines and future developments.
- Define operational work procedures and methodologies. Be responsible for coordination, priority setting and resource planning. Grow the team if needed.
- Work closely with stakeholders from Sales, R&D and engineering teams to support both external and internal projects and commitments.
- Contribute to the strategic long term planning and manufacturing roadmap of Smart Photonics.
We are looking for a person who has/is
- An experienced leader, with at least 3 years of experience in a strategic leadershiprole within the semiconductors
- Strong familiarity with test & reliability methods, design, and characterisation in the semiconductors industry. Knowledge of (integrated) photonics technology is a plus.
- Approachable, leading by example, natural leader, strong decision maker and able to prioritize.
- A strong team player, able to maintain smooth cooperation and alignment with stakeholders and customers.
- Understanding of how to manage a diverse and international team in a growing company, matching Smart’s work ethics and culture.
Benefits & Culture at SMART Photonics:
Our company is located in Eindhoven, we have a team of +/- 180 colleagues, from a diverse culture and world-wide background. We value our people and are offering support and guidance in personal growth, career development and work-life balance.
As everyone is different, we offer a wide variety of possibilities:
- Depending on the role and responsibilities up to 30% remote work possible.
- Investment in your career development by a tailor-made career plan (including courses, training, and personal coaching options)
- Up to 250 online courses, you can follow.
- Chair massage, fruit of the office, company fitness discount and Lunch Walks.
- We are located at the High Tech Campus a bustling location offering a supermarket, all kind of restaurants, a gym, and network events such a (fe)male tech hero’s, spouse networking and a pub quiz night.
- For people who need a work permit, visa and/or relocation, we are acknowledged as high-tech company allow to apply for the highly skilled migrant visa. We also have a relocation package in place.
- Our employees valued teamwork with an 8.8 /10, freedom in their job with an 8.8/10 and collaboration with other colleagues an 8.6/10.
The 9 core values of SMART Photonics are: Customer obsession, Bias for Action, Teamwork Spirit, Passion to Innovate, Trust in each Other, Work SMART, Eye for quality, Ownership, and continuous improvement.
Apply for this job