Physical Failure Engineer
Eindhoven, the netherlands
40 to 32 hours
Within the context of Vertical Integration Engineering you’ll act as a Physical Failure Engineer.
While you mainly interface with our Vertical Engineers and Technical Projects Leads, it’s your
primary responsibility to develop and implement algorithm (PFA) techniques
and capabilities for new technology nodes and products in the area of Photonic Integrated
This includes reverse-processing, sample preparation for Optical Fault Isolation, failure site
isolation for device Physical Characterization. You will Identify root-cause for PIC product yield
losses and reliability failures to drive process and design optimization in order to improve both
yield and reliability.
You will also have a consulting and training role towards newly developed
techniques and methods.
We are looking for a person
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in Material Science, Physics, Photonics
specifically or Electrical Engineering
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in industrial or research related failure analysis,
reliability engineering and chip-level physical debug.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in various failure analysis techniques
and toolsets, including SEM, FIB, PIC sample preparation/de-processing techniques,
• Experience on Optical and Laser Probing systems to read internal electrical signals
to debug and trace down problems.
• Familiarity with mechanical and chemical chip level reverse-processing techniques
• Excellent written and verbal skills in order to lead PFA R&D projects
• Deep understanding of PIC manufacturing processes, semiconductor device physics
and reliability engineering
• High degree of integrity, initiative, and attention to detail in a team playing
Do you want to make a difference and truly add something to our team? This opportunity to
become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro
electronics was in the ‘70s. At SMART Photonics you will work with talented and passionate
people in an informal, sincere and open culture. Being part of a scale-up means you will have
a broad and entrepreneurial role in a dynamic & exciting environment with the opportunity
to grow rapidly alongside our company’s growth while you truly see the results of your
efforts and added value. We keep our processes simple and functional to stay agile, also in
our growth from lab to fab in the coming years. Are you ready to join us and develop SMART
Photonics into a market leader?
How can you engage with our organisation and bring your bright idea to life? Check the opportunities of our Multi-Project Wafer!MPW
SMART Photonics is rapidly growing. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now!Careers
Do you have a question or would you like to make an appointment? Send us a message!