SMART Photonics has the ambition to become the TIER 1 Foundry on InP.
To empower this ambition, we are recruiting a Principal Scientist. In this position you drive the innovation in our R&D team to develop the newest generation of Photonics Integrated Chips.
Description of tasks:
- Connect research capabilities with product development needs.
- Alignment with our global partners and customers to gain better understanding of their needs, challenges, and goals.
- Internal cooperation in several teams and projects together with Engineering, Operations, and Commerce.
- Develop, improve, and adjust the competencies of the R&D team together with our Manager R&D
- Perform forward looking company sponsored research and development projects.
- Lead new business proposal efforts from a technical point of view.
- Closely follow the latest scientific developments at conferences and in papers
- Contribute to the Roadmap definition of SMART Photonics and translate this Roadmap in actual projects and development plans.
- Train and coach our R&D engineers, be an example, a go to person and a trusted technical expert.
We are looking for a person who has / is
- A PhD degree in Photonics
- After PhD at least 15 years of experience in a technical/R&D role in the photonics industry.
- The ideal candidate has solid industry work experience in device, application, design, and implementation of integrated photonic chips.
- Ability to effectively manage an urgent/crisis communication and drive a team to find quick solutions to critical problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, along with confident presentation skills
- Able to link departments, find common goals and to empower those who are part of your team.
- Excellent match with our company values on Passion to Innovate, work SMART, Eye for quality and Teamwork spirit.
- To evolve SMART Photonics to a TIER 1 foundry with global impact.
- Gaining valuable experience in an InP foundry.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate, high educated people working in an open culture in multidisciplinary teams.
- Benefits such as salary, relocation package, personal development, etc, to be discussed in the first introduction.
Apply for this job