At SMART Photonics we have both vertical integration engineering and process engineering. While vertical engineering integrates the given requirements, horizontal engineering is taking ownership regarding our internal production processes. As a process engineer it’s your responsibility to make sure that each and every step (up to hundreds) is carefuly designed and stably implemented within operations.
To achieve this you intensively collaborate with R&D and Operations in order to come up with feasible ideas, processes and procedures. You’re the linking pin between what is feasible and manufacturable. Since SMART Photonics is in a ramp-up stage, you’ll grasp a wide variety of processes varying from deposition to lithography and from etching up to the separation of dies. Since there isn’t that much set in stone, we expect an entrepreneurial spirit combined with a proactive attitude
- You are responsible for maintaining, improving and co-developing the processes for the production of photonic components.
- Define and execute projects related to capacity expansion and process stability and performance.
- Support process development and roadmap activities needed for future InP technology.
- Participate in various cross functional teams to improve yields, solve process problems, simplify procedures, processes and selection, qualification and release of new tools and processes with improved capacity and capability.
- You will oversee and work collaboratively with production and quality personnel assuring orders are completed on time and within specification.
- Review product requirements with the manufacturing staff to ensure compatibility of processing methods.
- Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variation for process or material specifications.
We are looking for a person who has/is
- A relevant BSc or MSc degree.
- At least 5 but preferably up to 10 years of experience with process industry.
- A good understanding of various processes used in the fabrication of semiconductor integrated circuits would be a great benefit.
- Affinity with photonics and/or electronics would be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge and proven experience off process improvement and statistical tools like FMEA, SPC, DoE. A lean six sigma green or black belt would be an advantage.
- Experience supporting a fab operations team, writing and training of fab procedures, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- A natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
- A self-starter with the need of a great deal of freedom in his job.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation and has the communication skills to do so. These are key to our success.
- Is always up to date of the latest trends in the field of the semiconductor process industry.
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
- State of the art technology.
- To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open, informal culture in multidisciplinary teams.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
- Not a single boring working day.
Are you looking for a company where you can occupy not just a function, but a role in which you can excel and organically grow? Then apply!
Apply for this job