As a foundry for integrated protonic circuits, SMART Photonics offers solutions for data and telecommunication, as well as for sensing – such as Lidar – and medical applications. And it doesn’t stop there. We have significant growth ambitions, and the Photonics Industry is already acknowledged as one of the most promising for the years to come;
To prepare our financial department for future growth, we are recruiting an ambitious and eager Senior Accountant.
Your key responsibilities will be predominantly operational accounting for the full cycle of the general ledger and month- and yearend reporting. In addition, you will also support financial reporting and projects to ensure compliance with the policies of the company as well as the regulations for grants.
General Finance and Accounting Responsibilities:
- Month and year-end closing activities and external reporting.
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholders, direct report to our Chief Accountant.
- Follow internal accounting policy and support audit requests.
- Preparation of account reconciliations and follow-up on audit findings.
- Support and assist the other departments in any financial/accounting requests.
- Assist during the transition of accounts from Dutch GAAP to IFRS
- VAT submissions, Intrastat submissions and Intracommunity Performance
- Support with the initiation and implementation of improvements to achieve a World Class Finance level.
- Help to prepare for IPO& stock market.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- +3 years of accounting experience in a commercial / semiconductor organization (preferable big 4 or very similar industry)
- Excellent proficiency in written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS is a must have.
- Strong interpersonal skills interfacing with multiple stakeholders at different levels of our organization.
- Accurate, good analytical skills. Proactive and with drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule workload to proactively facilitate the business in a rapidly changing and demanding environment.
What we offer:
Apply for this job
- As a scale-up we offer the unique moment in time to make significant impact as individual, as well as in the team.
- We promote Equity, Diversion and Inclusion in the workplace.
- Our high performers are seen and acknowledged- due to fast growth they can reach the ultimate career goals and become the leaders of tomorrow.
- Next career step could be the Chief Accountant role in 2-3 years.
- SMART Photonics is not an established company yet, this comes challenges and opportunities. On the other side this might require flexibility and willingness to solve operational tasks yourself.
- Working remote up to 25%