High Tech Campus, Eindhoven
With the current ramp-up of the production at SMART Photonics the relevance of purchasing and thus procurement as a discipline is becoming of major strategic importance. As a strategic purchaser in the field of high tech you know what the added value can be of a strategic approach to our supply chain. It’s up to you and your future team to manage all items to be ordered across our organisation. This will include major suppliers regarding our core processes, such as the purchase of tooling and equipment, thesupply of our regular consumables, as well as the services required from external suppliers on a regularbasis tooperate ourcleanroomproduction.
Initially, you will be strongly involved in our ongoing program to expand our manufacturing capacity via the acquisition of a broad set of equipment. In parallel you will focus on the related core processes and its purchasable goods. In this scope you will manage the procurement of new suppliers and partners. Furthermore, you will be revisiting and strengthening the relationships with existing suppliers. Ultimately, it’s up to you keep a close cooperation with your internal customer Operations & Logistics Support to make sure that everything needed to keep production up and runningis available at all times–efficiently,effectivelyandat ever decreasing cost.
And finally, it’s up to you to build the nucleus of the procurement team in a High Tech Start Up transforming from Lab to Fab in the centre of the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. While you are starting as an individual contributor, you shall be prepared to take responsibility for a small team of up to 2-3 team members in a year’s time from now.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
• Playing a key role during negotiations with our suppliers to achieve the best possible result for us
• Development of purchasing strategies for the responsible product groups and coordination with Operations Logistics support
• Acting supportively towards purchasing of investment goods, supplies and external services by providing a framework and structurew.r.t.means and methods to the organization
• Lead the development of strategic suppliers in coordination with the overall company strategy
• Implement an E-Purchasing toolkit and related internal processes
• Initiate and implement cost and process efficiency activities
We are looking for a person who has/is
• Master’s degree in either business economics or Engineering or related
• 5-10 years of relevant professiona lexperience within the field of special machine building, industrialized flow manufacturing or semiconductor industry
• Someone who likes to work autonomously, ready to enter a green field
• Excellent negotiation skills and extensive experience in working with supply chain management
• A true relationship builder both internally and externally
• Solid problem-solving skills, you are proactive, organized and flexible
• Ideally, you have gained E-Procurement knowledge and experience withsupplierb2bprocess establishment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The opportunity to become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in the ‘70s. At SMART Photonics you will work with talented and passionate people in an informal, sincere and open culture. Being part of a scale-up means you will have a broad and entrepreneurial role in a dynamic & exciting environment with the opportunity to grow rapidly alongside our company’s growth while you truly see the results of your efforts and added value. We keep our processes simple and functional to stay agile, also in our growth from lab to fab in the coming years.
Are you ready to join us and develop SMART Photonics into a market leader?
Do you have a strong background in strategic purchasing within a high tech environment and are you ready to enter a green field and start building together? Then feel free to apply. Still in consideration? Feel free to reach out to our Recruiter Sjoerd Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org). He’s always open for brief chat.
How can you engage with our organisation and bring your bright idea to life? Check the opportunities of our Multi-Project Wafer!MPW
SMART Photonics is rapidly growing. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now!Careers
Do you have a question or would you like to make an appointment? Send me a message!