Smart Photonics is hiring a Project Lead for our internal organisation with a focus on the PDK and the building blocks. The position has a strong technical scope while offering you the opportunity to lead projects, guide technical decisions and become more involved in long term strategy. An excellent opportunity for engineers who wants to explore the next steps in their career.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
- Develop, define, and execute multiple projects, concurrently managing them according to budget, time, and quality targets
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Regularly review the project status with internal stakeholders.
- Identify risks and proactively tackle them raising awareness in the organization and bringing them quickly to successful closure. Be the 1st point of contact for issuing containment and Root cause analysis activities in case an RCA is required
- Actively manage relationships and communications with stakeholders
- Mentor team members, nurturing them and facilitating effective cooperation. Establish and maintain standards and best practices in project documentation, work procedures and processes
- Support the commercial department in identifying additional opportunities to better serve our customers.
- Successfully completed a relevant MSc or PhD degree in a technical field.
- +2 years of experience as PDK-, BB- or Integrated Photonics engineer.
- Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication technologies.
- Knowledge of optical telecommunications or optical Sensors (lidar, medical, structural monitoring)
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making
- Strong communication skills & able to present at different audiences at stakeholder levels both internally as well as customer-facing.
- Ability to plan strategically as well as execute on tactical day-to-day activities
- Ability to effectively manage crisis and drive the team to find quick solutions to critical problems
What we offer you
- A unique chance to enter a mid-sized (100+ people) thriving and growing company, at the centre of a new revolution in Photonics, and with the opportunity to develop yourself along with our growth.
- An international, talented, and open-minded team were teamwork and ownership are highly valued.
- Not a single boring working day.
- extra training on the job as well on additional soft skills (yellow belt, PMP, leadership, masterclasses, etc)
Apply for this job