As a Technical Project Leader you’re responsible for running several programs and projects smoothly. Not only classically from a triple constraint point of view, but you also intensively rely on the technical aspects from our programs and projects. This results in being a technical project leader.
Well, what’s the context you operate in? You’re in the heart of our business since you’ll be working on the intersection of both R&D and Operations. More specifically, at SMART Photonics we have vertical and horizontal engineering. While horizontal engineering is focusing on all the steps needed in order to get integrated photonics, vertical engineering primarily focuses on the technical and functional requirements given by the customer and translates those into solid and smooth production processes. As a Technical Project leader you’ll collaborate with both of these teams as well as with R&D colleagues whom check on feasibility.
Ultimately, you consider the customer as a key stakeholder by which you translate the given requirements into feasible projects given time, budget, resources (and most importantly!) the technical aspects. You visit and meet our customers in order to fully understand what they’re looking for.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
In the current life-cycle of our company (scale-up, 55 employees) your role as a project leader you will;
- Develop, define and execute multiple technical and/or customer projects of SMART Photonics. You will coordinate and lead cross-functional teams, focused on delivering the photonic wafers
- Support the account manager as you are the technical interface to the operations organization for your project
- Own the work in progress (WIP) of your project and are the budget responsible for your project ensuring the completion of the project in time, cost and quality
- Actively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively review the project plan with internal stakeholders. Our project leader always keeps the project goal in mind so that we can achieve business results. Key words for this job are: leadership, systematic work, stakeholder analysis, risk management and progress measurement
- Reporting actively on the project status, issues, and results via presentations, written reports, and conversations
- Mentoring team members, nurturing the team and facilitating effective workflows
- Establish project documentation and develop methods for standardization
- Be the 1st point of contact for issuing containment and Root cause analysis activities in case an RCA is required
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a relevant BSc or MSc degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field
- Has at least 5 to 10 years of experience in project management
- Has technical expertise with the in-scope technology solutions
- Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication technologies and products
- Knowledge of agile, lean product development and green/black belt
- Has strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making
- Has strong data analysis skills and problem solving skills
- Has strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Has strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Has the ability to plan strategically as well as execute on tactical day-to-day activities
- Has the ability to effectively manage an urgent/crisis situation and drive a team to find quick solutions to critical problems
- Has affinity with photonics and/or electronics
- Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stays focused and be pro-active
- Likes lots of freedom to mold the job yourself. You have to be a selfstarter
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
- To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open culture in multidisciplinary teams.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
- Not a single boring working day.
Apply for this job
So, are you up for a challenging role within project management with a strong focus on technology? Then feel free to apply hitting the button. Still in consideration? Feel free to reach out to either our Recruiter Sjoerd Jacobs (+31 6 41 61 85 85) or our Manager Engineering Kitty Jochem (040-3046433).